Our Attorneys Are Always Ready To Handle New Challenges

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » Texas Car Accident FAQ

Get The Answers You Need So You Can Pursue Compensation For Car Accident Injuries

At Boon Calk Echols Coleman & Goolsby, our car accident attorneys are here to help you navigate the aftermath of a car accident. We can help you get the financial compensation you need for medical expenses, lost income and other costs resulting from the crash. Below are some of the initial questions we hear most from our clients.

What should I do immediately after a car accident?

Make sure you:

  • Get medical attention: Seeking medical attention is very important whether you have suffered a catastrophic injury or an injury that seems minor at first. In many cases, people have suffered serious injuries but won’t notice any signs or symptoms until later. A medical professional can identify soft-tissue injuries, as well as other internal or external injuries, before they get worse. Getting proper medical care and documentation is also an important step in pursuing compensation for your injuries.
  • Call the police: A police officer can write a crash report, speak with witnesses and collect evidence from the scene. Police-documented evidence is typically admissible in Texas injury cases and can be extremely valuable in your efforts to seek compensation for your recovery after a car accident.
  • Take pictures of the crash scene: While police generally gather evidence at crash scenes, it can be very helpful for your case to take your own pictures, or to have someone else do that for you if your injury is serious. Take pictures of the vehicle damage, the area around the vehicle, and your injuries.
  • Report the crash to your insurer: Car accidents can happen in a split second. The sooner you call your insurer, the better you’ll be able to recall the events that led up to the accident. IMPORTANT: Tell the insurance company only the basic facts of the accident. Do not exaggerate or downplay your injury. Also, do not give a recorded statement to the insurance company before you talk to us.
  • Contact Boon Calk Echols Coleman & Goolsby: The sooner we can get involved in your case, the sooner we can start fighting for the full financial compensation you need to move forward.

Should I accept the insurance company’s initial settlement offer?

No, not before you talk to us. Insurance companies are notorious for offering settlements that come nowhere close to covering the full cost of a car accident. Our attorneys can assess the full cost of your crash and negotiate on your behalf for the maximum available compensation.

What if I was partially at fault for the crash?

Texas is a state with at-fault laws that fall into the “modified” comparative negligence category. That means insurers will review each party’s level of responsibility in an accident. If one party is more than 50% at fault for the crash, that party cannot pursue damages against the other party.

If you have questions about these matters, please call us at 903-704-0592 so we can review your case in a free consultation.

Can I afford a car accident lawyer?

Yes, you can. Since our attorneys take cases on a contingency-fee basis, we do not collect an attorney fee unless we win for you. In other words: you pay nothing out of pocket. We encourage you to contact us today for a free consultation.

We Can Help You Find Peace Of Mind

You deserve to feel at ease while recovering from your injury. We are here to help when you need us. For a free consultation, please call 903-704-0592 or complete our contact form. Our law office is in Longview, and we represent clients throughout East and Northeast Texas.