Our Attorneys Are Always Ready To Handle New Challenges

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Business Law
  4.  » Business Law FAQ

East Texas Business Law FAQ

The Longview law firm of Boon Calk Echols Coleman & Goolsby PLLC was founded to provide our clients with a wide range of legal services, including sound counsel and representation in business matters. Our business attorneys advise and represent clients throughout East and Northeast Texas. We encourage you to contact us today for a free initial consultation to get your immediate questions answered.

What types of cases do your business attorneys handle?

Our East Texas business law attorneys handle a variety of legal matters related to commercial transactions, corporate governance, intellectual property, employment law and more. Please contact us if you have questions or concerns about any of the following:

Our business attorneys can advise you on the best course of action for your specific situation.

Does my business dispute need to go to court?

Not all disagreements require litigation. Often, disputes can be resolved through alternative dispute resolution methods such as mediation, which can be faster and less expensive than going to court. However, litigation may be necessary in certain situations, such as when a fundamental legal principle is at stake or the other party is unwilling to negotiate in good faith. We are experienced in handling:

  • Contract disputes
  • Business partnership disputes
  • Fiduciary duty disputes
  • Employment litigation
  • Insurance claim disputes
  • Business tort claims
  • Patent disputes

We can ensure that your case is trial-ready. That is the best way to put you in a position of strength, even if the dispute is ultimately resolved outside the courtroom.

What type of entity should I choose for my business?

Determining the best type of business entity for your company will depend on several factors, including your tolerance for risk, the management structure you prefer, and the method of taxation that makes sense. Discussing your specific needs and goals with us can help you determine the most suitable business entity.

Our business formation attorneys have experience in creating multiple types of business entities, including:

  • Limited liability partnership (LLPs)
  • General partnerships
  • Limited liability companies (LLCs)
  • C corporations
  • S corporations
  • Non-profit corporations

Do I need a contract lawyer?

In any kind of business agreement, the best way to protect your interests is to have an experienced contract attorney assist you with your contracts to avoid ambiguities and conflicts. At Boon Calk Echols Coleman & Goolsby PLLC, we have extensive experience in the following:

  • Contractor agreements
  • Partnership agreements
  • Commercial lease agreements
  • Government contracts
  • Warranties and guarantees
  • Noncompete and nondisclosure agreements
  • Employment agreements
  • Purchase orders

Contact Our Longview Business Attorneys

To discuss your goals and concerns, please call Boon Calk Echols Coleman & Goolsby in Longview at 903-704-0592 or contact us by email. We offer a free initial consultation, and our team is ready to help you.