Our Attorneys Are Always Ready To Handle New Challenges

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » Auto Accidents

Our Longview Car Accident Attorneys Will Fight For You

Car accidents happen every single day. We’ve all experienced traffic delays due to an accident, but a car crash seems like it’s the sort of thing that always happens to someone else. If and when it ever does happen to you, the personal injury attorneys at Boon Calk Echols Coleman & Goolsby PLLC in Longview have more than 200 years of experience combined.

What Should You Do After A Car Crash?

If you have been injured in any type of motor vehicle accident, there are a few simple steps you can take immediately to help preserve evidence in case you have to file a personal injury claim.

  • Gather important information: Use your phone to take photos of insurance documents, license plates and even the damage to the vehicles involved. If you were hit by a commercial truck, make sure to get the name of the trucking company.
  • Seek medical attention: Obviously, if someone needs immediate medical assistance, call for help. But sometimes, soft-tissue injuries take a few days to present. Getting checked out by a doctor helps create a medical record and evidence for a potential personal injury case.
  • Obtain copies of any police reports: If the police are called to the scene of the accident, make sure to follow up with law enforcement to get copies of any accident reports.

It is always a good idea to seek legal advice as soon as possible following an accident. They can advise you of specific steps to take to make sure that you have the best possible chance to recover compensation for your injuries and damages.

Texas Laws On Proportionate Responsibility

In the state of Texas, any personal injury claim is subject to the state’s law regarding proportionate liability. If you are filing a personal injury claim, it is your responsibility to prove that the other party is liable for your accident injuries. If your actions contributed to the car accident in any way, your damages will be reduced by the percent you were at fault for your own injuries. If you were more than 50% at fault for the accident, you will be precluded from recovering anything.

If the other party is found at fault, they are responsible for paying for your medical bills under their auto medical insurance policy. They will also be required to pay for the damage to your car under their auto liability insurance policy.

What Happens When The Driver At-Fault Doesn’t Have Insurance?

Typically, in a car accident, the at-fault driver’s insurance will pay for the injuries or damages caused by the accident. However, sometimes the at-fault driver doesn’t have insurance or doesn’t have enough insurance to cover the damages. Texas law requires that every driver obtain personal injury protection (PIP) coverage for themselves. In the event the other driver doesn’t have adequate insurance coverage, the PIP coverage under your own policy will cover the damages. However, sometimes this insurance may not cover the full range of damages sustained. If you have been injured in an auto accident by an underinsured or uninsured at-fault driver, our attorneys can help you obtain the recovery to which you are entitled by law.

Schedule A Free Consultation With A Personal Injury Lawyer

Our personal injury law firm in Longview is prepared to help you and your loved ones fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact our attorneys today to begin building your defense. You can schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation by calling our office at 903-704-0592 or by sending an email using our online form.